Version 4.2.2 (released Feb 2018)
- NEW: We’ve made some backend tweaks to improve performance and communication with the iClicker Cloud Mobile app. Use the mobile app to control polling with this version (or newer) of the Cloud desktop software. You can download the Cloud mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store starting in March.
- FIXED: Points for correct polling responses only awards the integer portion even when a decimal is specified in the settings.
Version 4.2.1 (released Jan 2018)
- NEW: Added clicker data logging to facilitate troubleshooting.
- NEW: The iClicker SDK was updated to support longer path lengths to the USB base. This update addresses a limitation that some systems might experience when using an intermediate USB hub or dongle to connect to the base.
- FIXED: During an active session, the screenshot thumbnail for Target question does not appear in the Results window’s side panel until another question is started.
- FIXED: During an active session, the graded region from a Target question continues to appear over the next question if the next question is also a Target question.
Version 4.2.0 (released Dec 2017)
- NEW: Anonymous polling is officially out of beta. This is a great option when you want to reassure students that their responses won’t be tied to their identity.
- New: iClicker Cloud now supports a deep integration to allow syncing individual session scores to Blackboard, Brightspace (D2L), Canvas, and Moodle. Administrator set-up of your institution’s LMS is required.
- NEW: Short Answer results can be viewed as a word cloud, which provides a graphical visualization of word frequency.
- NEW: You can now designate which correct Short Answer or Numeric response is the “best” one to share with students. This includes selecting an “Other Response” that no student submitted and inputting your own response.
- NEW: At the end of every poll you are offered the option to request student feedback through an exit poll. The exit poll asks students to rate their understanding of the class material and provide open-ended feedback.
- FIXED: Unplugging the base while the desktop software is running can cause Cloud to crash.
- FIXED: Roster sort order is case-sensitive and defaults to ascending rather than descending order.
Version 4.1.1 (released Nov 2017)
- New: We've made some changes under the hood to support the iClicker Cloud Mobile app, now in private beta. Contact your iClicker rep to learn more about this app that allows you to control polling from your iOS or Android phone.
Version 4.1.0 (released Oct 2017)
- NEW: Polling offers an Anonymous mode (Beta) that lets you ask sensitive questions that your students might not feel comfortable answering if their response can be traced to their identity. Don’t worry, you can still tell who participated in the poll, just not how an individual voted.
- NEW: Ever wonder if there’s another base nearby using the same frequency as you? Now you can check for base frequency conflicts and have peace of mind.
- FIXED: Quiz course settings do not save changes to the default question point value.
- FIXED: Short answer responses get converted to lower-case when polling ends.
- FIXED: The iClicker base connection icon does not always switch off after unplugging the base from the computer.
Version 4.0.1 (released Sep 2017)
- NEW: Improved logging to help Technical Support troubleshoot reported incidents.
Version 4.0.0 (released Jul 2017)
- NEW: Our Attendance feature is officially out of beta. We hope you’ll give it a try if you aren’t already using it.
- NEW: If you’re ever unexpectedly disconnected from a poll or quiz, you can now get back in and resume the in-progress session rather than having to start a one.
- NEW: iClicker Cloud integrates with other Macmillan products including LaunchPad and Sapling Learning. To recognize this, the “LMS Sync” feature is now called “Grade Sync” and we redesigned the Grade Sync settings while we were at it.
- NEW: You can now double-click a question’s thumbnail to open the image in a new, larger window. No more squinting at the thumbnail.
- NEW: We’re enforcing stricter new password requirements to make sure your account is secure. Don’t worry, we’ll help you know when you’ve chosen a strong password with dynamic validation.
- NEW: Deleting a course removes access to the course for all students. This is true even if a student had joined your course before you deleted it. If you want students already in the course to retain access, archive it instead.
- FIXED: The instructor remote works to move between questions and select the correct response.
- FIXED: The results window opens to the current question results in an active poll rather than the first question in the session.
- FIXED: Numerous bugs were eliminated. See the full release notes on our Support site for more information.